I'm okay with this list changing as I want different things in my life; however, they shouldn't change too drastically. This little exercise has really shown me what's important to me to start changing/working on/keeping in my life and what I just need to let go of. Hopefully I will either have these things completely done and still living in them in 3 years OR have them well on their way to being a life pattern.
First Year Goals
- Cut eating out to special occasions ONLY. Those of you who know me best, please help me with this one...it's VERY important to my health in many aspects.
- Work out every day in one way or another...whether it's 20 minutes or 1 hour. I do want to exercise 3 to 4 days a week at 45 minutes to 1 hour in cardio. I have noticed tremendous results doing this. I read the other day that someone who hasn't exercised a whole lot can do the same workout for about 12 weeks before their body REALLY gets used to the routine and they need to change it up. Since consistency is very important to creating a habit, I'm going to do the same routine 2 to 3 times and throw in some Zumba :)
- Go for walks with my hubby and/or puppy as often as possible. I'm tired of the excuses as to why I don't do this...I just need to go for it...even if I have to start out slow.
- Maintain a clean house. Non-clutter assists me in being healthy, productive, and creative. GOODBYE LAZINESS!!!
- Surround myself with healthy goals, encouragement, good music, and people.
- Educated reading...read 1 or 2 books a month so I can expand my knowledge and possibly my life experiences. List: Yoga for Christians, The Pathfinder, Finding Your North Star, The First 30 Days, You Can Heal Your Life, Blessing Your Spirit, Creative Call, Let it Go, Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be, Feeling Good, Grow Vegetables, Shortcut to Gardening and Lawn Work, Medicinal Herbs of the Prairie...these are all good books, they are all on my shelf. I can do it, and it's a great start.
- Go through everything in my house and throw away/sell anything that isn't going to Indiana with us when we move. It's a long way off, but I don't want to be dealing with all that AND trying to move at the same time.
- Set up a budget and stick to it--a budget that leaves us with money to move, start over, and go on vacation.
- Take care of myself DAILY/WEEKLY because I AM WORTH IT!
Vitamins Fruits & Veggies Omega 3's Medication Washing/Moisturizing
Full Dental Care Shaving Legs
- Learn to make a meal plan and grocery shop accordingly...this TERRIFIES me, so it will be a HUGE step if I actually do it and enjoy it.
- Work to grow a successful garden and not be discouraged by last year's results
a. save carpet from living room floor to use on walkways to deter weed growth
b. compost & roto-till this year
c. purchase plants from a greenhouse & NOT a retail store
d. start in May so have good growth by June - Learn how to grill food...must first learn how to start the grill first.
- Give more time to my spiritual growth and stop avoiding what I know I need.
- Water my garden & lawn frequently.
- Go camping and/or hiking whether it's by myself, with Kelly, or with friends.
- Sing worship again
- Embrace the greatest teacher in life = PAIN
- Do my best to show Kelly how much I love him by being a more passionate lover, perform more acts of service (especially when he's in school), an communicating better with him about my needs and what I'm doing
- Make yoga a part of my life again....with my back issues, it's a GREAT healer and can strengthen my body in the way I want. I just felt a lot better and exercise was easier when this was a part of my life.
- Daily bless those in my life....friend and foe
- Remove myself from all abusive relationships and/or put myself in a place where those abusive relationships don't affect me negatively
- Maintain the good relationships have built with those that have blessed my life in so many ways no matter how far away I move
- Journal or blog daily about my weight loss journey, what I'm going through emotionally, new things I discover...anything.
- Finish my wedding scrapbook (OMG...it'll be 10 years on the 5th!!! What!? and still not done?)
- Learn to set boundaries and maintain them...not taking on too much and not taking on burdens that aren't mine to take on.
First 2 Years - Help establish a successful Young Professionals Group in Hot Springs
- Decide what I want to go to school for and work in that direction
- Be debt free...no school loans from Kelly, no credit card debt, no medical debt
- Run a 5K or 10K
- Find a place to live that accepts pets when we move so I don't have to leave my puppy behind. I just can't do that, and I don't want anyone else to raise her. She's the only "child" I have and it's nice to come home to someone that's happy to see you, cuddles, and loves you with no questions asked and no judgement.
First 3 Years - Find employment that is satisfying, higher paying, and works with both our schedules
- Write a book: either a novel or biography about my journey to health
- Become a health/fitness guru and coach others on their journey as I have been helped
- Find a cure for my pituitary tumor and/or have it completely under control
- Determine if I really want to open a bed-n-breakfast/resort-style business and start working on a business plan
So that's it!! Wish me luck ;)
35! Wow, I was totally overwhealmed by my 25. haha. I love it though! We should try and get a yoga group going, or something.
ReplyDeleteWe sooo need to do this!! Just not sure about timing and all that. Let's talk Monday about this, okay? Sorry, took me a while to figure out how to find my comments lol
DeleteGood Luck, Georgia!! I look forward to see how you meet your goals!!
ReplyDeleteCyndi Nelson
THANKS, Cyndi! It feels good to finally grow up and set some. lol
DeleteUpdate on how I'm doing so far:
ReplyDeleteSuccessfully avoiding: 1-4, 7, 9, 19, 24 & 25
***This WILL be changing next week dang-it!
Working on with many hiccups: 9,10,13,16-18, 20,21,23
Doing Good on: 5,6,8,26 & 30
The rest is just isn't the season for yet.