So, for those of you who are wondering how I am doing on my list...not so good. Apparently my subconscious decided that I needed to "be free until my birthday." Today...the end of another year of my life. Not sure if I can get excited about that. Part of me wants to go back to the last year and somehow "redeem the year." Unfortunately, that is impossible. Last year will never be redeemed and will forever remain where it should be...in the past.
It's amazing how hard it is to let go...so that's going to be my focus until the end of January. Letting go...of the past, of relationships that shouldn't be anymore, of hurts/wounds, of anger and resentment, of habits that cause me to still be disgusted with myself, of shame, of OTHER people's expectation of what I "should" do with my life, of the negative self-talk, and most of all the sense of shame I feel.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe once said "There is no past we can bring back by longing for it. There is only an eternal now that builds and creates out of the past something new and better."
I'm ready for something NEW and BETTER. I think February's focus will be EMBRACING....fitting, don't you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment